tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Fidler" <gary.fid...@exantehealth.com>
Subject RE: Unable to load classes in JSP
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:35:38 GMT
Mark,

I have the same configuration and am running into the same situation.

I'm just living with it for now.  Is it any better if you import:

	import "com.comp.app.trsite.bean.v1_0.ProfileBean"

Gary
]
-----Original Message-----
From: Zeltser, Mark [mailto:Mark.Zeltser@Cybic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 8:21 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Unable to load classes in JSP

Hi All,

I am running Tomcat 3.1 with jdk1.2.2 under WinNt 4.0.

Inside of my JSP page I import class files (they are in the class path)
using page directive. useBean works only if I provide full path to my
class.

Example:

Header.jsp
<%@ page import="com.comp.app.trsite.bean.v1_0.*, com.comp.feutil.*,
com.comp.WebUtil.*" errorPage="\v1_0\Error.jsp" %>

Profile.jsp
<%@ include file="Header.jsp" %>
<jsp:useBean scope="request" id="profileBean" class="ProfileBean" />
// this doesn't work
<jsp:useBean scope="request" id="profileBean"
class="com.comp.app.trsite.bean.v1_0.ProfileBean" />	// this works.

I tried copying all the files under /appContext/Web-inf/classes
directory but it didn't help. Can anyone explain?

Thanks, Mark.

BTW, I was able to integrate Visual Cafe 4.0 with Tomcat using
instructions provided for JBuilder.