tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Pfeiffer" <wspli...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject RE: jsp:include not compiling modified jsp
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:50:30 GMT
I was, indeed, using the <% include >% format (JRun studio put it in for me
and I wasn't paying attention!).  I switched to <jsp:include
page="jsp/OasisHeader.jsp" flush="true"/> format and the recompilation
happens automatically, however, I am now getting the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed.

The included jsp is a simple table with some anchors and an image.

Any ideas?

Bill Pfeiffer

-----Original Message-----
From: Kitching Simon [mailto:Simon.Kitching@orange.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 10:51 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: jsp:include not compiling modified jsp

[Kitching Simon]
I disagree.

If the <jsp:include> statement is being used, then I think that the called
page should *definitely*
be recompiled if its source code changes. I really would be surprised if
this isn't already done
by tomcat - I'll try it out myself when I've got a moment.

On the otherhand, the <%@ ...%> include format is a totally different thing.
To handle
automatic recompilation for this sort of thing requires knowledge of the
original *source code*,
so probably won't ever be handled right - just too difficult and, when
sourcecode not available,
not possible at all.