tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sandy McPherson" <allse...@webmind.nl>
Subject RE: Tomcat & Apache & Linux -grrr
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:33:52 GMT
Hi this might sound crazy, but I had exactly this trouble on Linux when
apache was started using the /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd script, it seems to pick
up the wrong conf file probably from the apache delivered with linux, so
there was no link to tomcat. I had installed apache 1.3.12 under
/usr/local/apache and if I start tomcat from /etc/rc.d/rc.local then stop
the httpd using /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop and explicitly start my
installed version using
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd everything works OK. I know it may sound daft,
but it could be worth a try!

I must admit I am using the 3.1 and 3.2 beta, so this could also be a
reason.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Stubbs [mailto:andrews@stusoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 9:29 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat & Apache & Linux -grrr

Yes, using the default conf file as a template provides several contextss
and none of them work. Changing the permissions on the directories to 777
does not provide a result either (long shot but worth a try)

Running httpd in debug mode shows no errors beyond page not found and
running Tomcat in debug mode shows no messages at all - so looks like the
request is not leaving apache.

Andrew