tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Syed Mahmoods" <mahmo...@magnum-tech.com>
Subject RE: apache1.3.12 and tomcat 3.1 -- sos
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:02:16 GMT
Thanks mike.  You helped me through a challenge.  My httpd.conf file did not
have all the LoadModule statements that it needed.  Now that it is
presumabely running, can you point me to a resource which can show me how to
do some elementary testing to make sure that it is running correctly?  The
directions that came along are not very helpful to a newbee.
Syed

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Bremford [mailto:mikeb@paperx.com]
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2000 11:35 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org; mahmoods@magnum-tech.com
Subject: RE: apache1.3.12 and tomcat 3.1 -- sos

Hard to say without seeing you're whole httpd.conf.

Firstly, if you take out the tomcat changes, does apache still start?

Secondly, the "Order" directive needs to be inside a <Directory> tag - may
work in <Location> as well, I'm not sure. Outside of that it will generate
an error.

Thirdly, you need mod_access to be loaded for this. If "httpd -l" lists the
mod_access module, great, it's compiled in, otherwise you need to
"LoadModule access_module libexec/mod_access.so". Either way, don't forget
to "AddModule mod_access.c".

HTH

Cheers... Mike