tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Syed Mahmoods" <mahmo...@magnum-tech.com>
Subject tomct3.1 -apache1.3.12 testing
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:11:06 GMT
I have a little problem with apache1.3.12 and tomcat3.1 combination.  I am
new to tomcat so I need a lot of help.  I installed the two on a solaris 2.6
box.  I have no idea how to test this config.

I have my servlet dir defined as "/home/mahmoods/apache_1.3.12/htdocs/serv"

Here is what I added in the tomcat.conf

 ApJservMount /serv  /root
 <Location /serv/WEB-INF/
      AllowOverride None
      deny from all
 </Location>

I added the following lines in the server.xml for the tomcat:
 <Context path="/serv" docBase="/serv" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
 </Context>

I added the following line in the httpd.conf:

include /home/mahmoods/jakarta-tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf

Now that I try to bring up the "hostname/serv/HelloWorldExample" servlet.
If the java file is in the same dir, then I get the java file, otherwisw I
get some strage "stuff" back.

E?o?-c789:;<=>?@ABCDFNVaJWXYZ[\] % & ' ( )
* + , - . E1 E5 Q3 S4 T2 U/ ^5 _M `5
b0()Ljava/io/PrintWriter;()Ljava/lang/String;()V&(Ljava/lang/String;)
Ljava/lang/String;,(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/StringBuffer;.(Ljava/lan
g/String;)Ljava/util/ResourceBundle;(Ljava/lang/String;)VR(Ljavax/servlet
/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)V

What resources can I look at on the web or otherwise to move ahead?
Thanks in advance for all the help.
Syed