tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "svignal, Aptilon.com" <svig...@aptilon.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat.conf ignores my Changes !
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 20:36:05 GMT

Your tomcat-apache.conf if "auto-generated", so whatever you change in your
tomcat.conf, it will not change the tomcat-apache.conf
You should use your own configuration file included in the httpd.conf or use
tomcat-apache.conf file generated by the engine. In this last case, start
the servlet engine first, change the file if you need then start the apache.

It's all in the doc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kai Te-Punkt [mailto:temes@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 4:25 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat.conf ignores my Changes !

As the subject says I changed the configuration of tomcat(3.1) to let
test at least the servlet-examples delivered together with tomcat.
In Conjunction with apache I ve done the necessary things like including
the tomcat-apache.conf ...
I assumed changing tomcat.conf will propagate the changes to
tomcat-apache.conf. But Nothing, Nada ! I cant even change the defaultport.

That is too strange to me.
Can anyone give me a hint, pls ?
Thx.