tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Nieman" <>
Subject Re: trouble with tomcat on nt
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:00:40 GMT
First stuff to look at:

1.Make sure all the registry entries are right.  I had at least one typo
here when I first started out.  Make sure not to forget the Filter DLLs
entry in the W3SVC key.
2.Make sure the virtual directory jakarta is set up with execute permission.
3.Make sure the isapi dll is loaded - should be a green up arrow in the
isapi filter tab.
4.Make sure the tomcat server is running as either a service or executed.  I
run it as a service myself.  If you aren't there are instructions for this
5.If you use the /examples directory, it should work ok, but if you try the
test you will need to add an entry for that directory in the
\conf\ file:

Otherwise, what I posted won't work.

6.Check your log file with it set to error.  When you restart the server,
log will write out and if you have an error it will show up then as it shuts
7.If all else fails, shitcan the whole thing.  I mean delete everything
you've done and start over, right from unzipping the download.  Run a
scandisk and defrag too before you do.  Sometimes there may be some weird
intersection of time and space reason for something, but diagnosing it takes
way less time than replacing all the suspect parts.

Good Luck