tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "agent man" <agentma...@hotmail.com>
Subject Ant Bootstrap problem
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:19:14 GMT
Hi,
I am new to this mailing list and also to the ANT environment. I tried to
bootstrap ANT from source but got the following error :

E:\jakarta\source\jakarta-ant\jakarta-ant>bootstrap

... Bootstrapping Ant Distribution
JAVA_HOME=
JAVA=java
JAVAC=javac
CLASSPATH=src\main;classes;lib\xml.jar

... Compiling Ant Classes
src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\Javac.java:420: Class
sun.tools.javac.Mai
n not found.
        sun.tools.javac.Main compiler =
                       ^
src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\Javac.java:421: Class
sun.tools.javac.Mai
n not found.
            new sun.tools.javac.Main(jos, "javac");
                               ^
src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\Rmic.java:130: Class
sun.rmi.rmic.Main no
t found.
        sun.rmi.rmic.Main compiler = new sun.rmi.rmic.Main(System.out,
"rmic");
                    ^
src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\Rmic.java:130: Class
sun.rmi.rmic.Main no
t found.
        sun.rmi.rmic.Main compiler = new sun.rmi.rmic.Main(System.out,
"rmic");
                                                     ^
4 errors

... Copying Required Files
src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\defaults.properties
        1 file(s) copied.
src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\parser.properties
        1 file(s) copied.

... Building Ant Distribution
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: E:\jakarta\source\jakarta-ant\jakarta-ant
BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Could not create task of type: javac because I can't
find it
in the list of task class definitions
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Could not create task of type: javac
becaus
e I can't find it in the list of task class definitions
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.createTask(Project.java:374)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(ProjectHelper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.jav
a, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.jav
a:134)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java, Compiled Code)

... Cleaning Up Build Directories
[...]

... Done Bootstrapping Ant Distribution
E:\jakarta\source\jakarta-ant\jakarta-ant>path
PATH=d:\Perl\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\MSSQL7\BINN;C:\Program
Files\Comm
on Files\Network Associates\VirusScan Engine\4.0.xx\;
C:\openssl-0.9.4\Debug;c:\
jdk1.2.2\bin;

Please help me.

regards