tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Nieman" <cinti_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: trouble with tomcat on nt
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:57:15 GMT
Just for clarification, the 8080 port is used by default for Tomcat
standalone mode, where it will function as a standalone http server.  The
8007 port setting in the properties files is for integration with a web
server like IIS or Apache, where the request is forwarded on to tomcat on
that port and the results returned back to the web server.  If you have it
set up in this mode both of the statements below will work:

http://localhost:8080/test/RealPath.jsp
http://localhost/test/RealPath.jsp

Although there is some extra configuration involved in the second.

hth,

Greg Nieman