tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Einfeldt <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: dumb question regarding servlets in packages running in tomca t.
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 06:47:28 GMT
That was not the point.

If there is a file COM\foo\bar.class with the
package name COM.foo why should that be a
problem ?

There happens something like a partial lost
of information. I suspect that under Win*
somewhere deep inside the java vm or the
classloader of the servlet engine the upper
case directory or package name gets converted
in a lowercase name.

By the way:
I wouldn't use upper case letters for any top
level domain because that can lead to further
trouble as it is not possible to have COM and
com in the same parent directory under Win*.

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

<snip\>
> On many (most?) Java compilers, case matters in package and class
> names.  Package "COM.foo" is different from package
> "com.foo", and class
> "MyClass" is different from "myclass", even in a Windows environment.
<snip\>