tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Piermarini" <Mark.Piermar...@oracle.com>
Subject A few questions about mod_jk, Tomcat 3.1, and Solaris
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 02:21:51 GMT
Hello,

I just snagged the release build of Tomcat 3.1 and set it up to work with apache 1.3.12 on
Solaris 8/64-bit. Everything compiled
okay and works just fine. I've even got mod_ssl/openssl stuff compiled in as well (not that
it matters, I think??).

I want to use mod_jk instead of mod_jserv so I extracted what I needed from the August 30th
release of the jakarta-tomcat.src.zip
(jakarta-tomcat/src/native/mod_jk/ directory). I had to edit the build-unix.sh script since
it assumes I have an i386 architecture
and am running Linux. Anyway, everything compiles fine with no errors.

I made the changes to the httpd.conf file as the documentation suggests but here is my problem:
when I start tomcat, it doesn't
generate the mod_jk.auto-conf file like the documentation implies. However, tomcat will start
ok. Does mod_jk only work with tomcat
builds greater that v3.1? And if so, does that mean in order to use a newer version tomcat
do I also have to get the latest ant,
tools, worker, etc. source code?

Additionally, when I try to start apache it gives me this message:

Syntax error on line 8 of /usr/local/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd:
fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: symbol fdatasync: referenced symbol not found
../bin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

I'm only a few days into this world of servlets, apache, Solaris, etc. so I haven't any idea
what I could be doing wrong or what
"ah-ha" I am missing.

I've looked in the tomcat-user and tomcat-dev mail archives with no luck.

Thanks a lot,

Mark