tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Jarman <ajar...@metacomcorp.com>
Subject Can't find jars in webapps/WEB-INF/lib
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 23:08:47 GMT
Hi,

This seems like a really stupid question, but I've been fighting it for
hours:

I have put together a servlet, along with some required jar files into
the following dir structure:

ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar
ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml

The lib/*.jar includes the servlet classes and some other associated
classes.  This includes the vbjorb.jar and others so my servlet can
access an oracle database.

When I try to load the servlet this way, by servlet starts initializing
(so I know that the servlet jar file was found), but the init() function
fails because it can't load all the necessary classes.

If I copy all of the jar files to the /tomcat/lib directory and restart
tomcat, everything works fine.

All of the docs seem to indicate that jar files placed in the
WEB-INF/lib directory would be added to the CLASSPATH for the
application.

What am I doing wrong?

Assuming somebody helps me figure this out, can I also put .zip files in
the WEB-INF/lib dir?  (for example, classes12.zip for Oracle)

Cheers,
Andrew