tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Boniakowski,Jeb" <JBoniakow...@nntllc.com>
Subject non-servlet classes in Tomcat webapps
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:24:33 GMT
I've searched the archives to no avail, so I'm takin' it to the list.

Does anyone know about the way tomcat deals with the loading of classes used
by a servlet that are not servlets themselves.  It seems like it doesn't
perform the reload check on them, and that it loads them into memory the
first time they are used, so that if you recompile one, you have to shutdown
tomcat and start it up again after putting the new classes where they
belong.  Can anyone confirm/deny this?

jeb.

ps-if anyone knows what to do in outlook98 to make it send plain text
besides checking "Plain Text" on the format menu, please tell me, because
I'd be glad to not send HTML.  It tells me when I send the message (via the
title bar) that I am sending plain text, it just turns in to HTML somewhere
along the way.  I'm sorry, I just don't know what else to do.  I've looked
at every option in every dlg I could find.