tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amos Shapira <amos.shap...@webcollage.com>
Subject RE: Can Tomcat front a mod-perl enabled Apache
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 16:20:42 GMT
Hi,

Hmm, others may have better ideas, but I think you can probably
just open a URLConnection to Apache from the servlet (i.e. the
servlet will appear to Apache as yet another HTTP client) and
pass-through the traffic from Apache to the servlet's output.
It will add an overhead, though.

It sounds like you are very careful not to expose Apache directly
to the outside world, I suppose due to some security reason. So
I don't see any way to cut down on the extra read/write of Apache's
output.

Hope this helps,

--Amos