tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S.Z...@spmv.de
Subject AW: Session problems
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:34:29 GMT
But what I normally do, is to forward the request object to the next page.
So the next page gets the "old" request with the "old" session id (without
the stored objects).

How can I get rid of the session id in the request?

BTW, can you tell me the difference between a RequestDispatcher and a
response.sendRedirect()?

Thank you very much,

Stephan

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Darren Hobbs [mailto:Darren.Hobbs@ebookers.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. August 2000 13:15
An: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Betreff: RE: Session problems

The session ID is sent by the browser as part of the request - a new session
ID will not be generated until a new request is received from the client.
req.getSession() is still using the original req object.  Once a new request
is received from the browser a new req object will be created.  (I think :)
).

-Darren