tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Morahg, Yoav" <ymor...@gist.com>
Subject building tomcat 3.2
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 19:07:44 GMT
Hi.

I've been using Tomcat 3.1 on Solaris 8 with JDK 1.2 and I've been having a
problem which I've gotten no responses on, so I've decided to try upgrading
to the 3.2b2 version.

- I have installed jaxp.jar and parser.jar into my java1.2/lib directory
- I have created a jakarta-ant directory parallel to my jakarta-tomcat
directory and have ant.jar and xml.jat in the lib directory
- I have downloaded the servlet.jar classes and I've tried both putting them
in a parallel directory called jakarta-servletapi/lib as well as putting
them in my java1.2/lib directory.

When I try to run the build.sh script in the jakarta-tomcat directory I get
the following message:

Buildfile: build.xml
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Node
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Compiled Code)

I assume I'm missing some classes ... anyone know what they are and where I
can get them???

Thanks in advance!

-Yoav

Yoav Morahg