tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hunter Hillegas <hhille...@jacobstern.com>
Subject Bug in Tomcat? Response already committed?
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:03:57 GMT
I tried to search the bug database for Jakarta stuff - but it's down...

Any way, I'm trying to figure out if I found a bug or what...

I'm using Tomcat 3.1 (release) on JDK1.3 (beta) on Linux 2.2 (Debian).

I have a JSP page that creates instances of a class called shoppingCart.

The shoppingCart class contains a vector that stores objects of another
class called cartItem.

There is a method in shoppingCart that returns cartItem by vector index
number. The problem comes when I call this method:

I get this error:

Error: 500
Location: /e_commerce/index.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.HttpServletResponseFacade.sendError(HttpServletRespon
seFacade.java:157)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.unknownException(JspServlet.java:299)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:377)
	at
	at
	at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
	at
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I tried substituting the return with a pre-defined cartItem instead of
looking it up in the vector to make sure it wasn't failing on the vector
lookup... The HTML in the page before the method call comes to the browser
just fine but the rest of the HTML, including a JSP include of a footer
page, doesn't come across.

I've had very little success with the tomcat-users mailing list so I thought
I'd ask some of the developers. Any help is appreciated!

Hunter Hillegas, MCP
Web Engineer / System Administrator - Jacob Stern & Sons, Inc.
hhillegas@jacobstern.com
805-565-1411 PH * 805-565-8684 FAX