tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nacho <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: When are classes loaded?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:44:51 GMT
Hi , Michael:

> When are classes loaded in Tomcat 3.2b2?  I've got the servlet in my
> mike/web_inf/classes directory.  When I start tomcat,
> shouldn't I see the
> message "loading class Test1..."?  Should this only happen when it is
> called?

It's only loaded when first use it, but if you put a <load-on-startup>
element in your web.xml file, in this case they are inited at tomcat
start and thus they are loaded at tomcat start.

Can you send your complete web.xml file and  a rought idea of what is
going on, i think yesterday i answer a message form you, do not have any
advance from  yesterday?.

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega