tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gopa Kumar <gopa.ku...@ardentsoftware.com>
Subject Accessing Env variables from tomcat servlets
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:19:46 GMT
Hi,

Does anybody know how to access env variables from tomcat servlets.  I have
an Apache module that adds a bunch of env vars into
request_rec->subprocess_env.  They are working ok with Perl CGI.  Since I am
now trying to port some of these scripts into servlets, I need to access
these vars from servlets.  I tried setting tomcat.properties
wrapper.env.copyall=true and also ApJServEnvVar but to no avail.
req.getAttributeNames still does not return any of my env vars.
Incidentally, I did see code for handling ApJServEnvVar in mod_jserv.c.  Am
I doing something wrong, or is there another way to access these variables ?

thanks,

-Gopa