tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Mann <Dav...@invera.com>
Subject Sys V Init & tomcat
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 20:05:06 GMT
Hello,

Trying to get an Sys V Init config for tomcat with no success (Newbie to
linux/Unix)

I've got jacarta-tomcat 3.2 up and running with Red Hat 6.2 Apache 1.3.12
using mod_jk without incident.  I've added .tomcatrc to /root for JAVA_HOME,
TOMCAT_HOME and some TOMCAT_OPTS (a few system properties we use in our
apps).  Logging in as root and firing up tomcat.sh (startup.sh) works fine.

However moving tomcat.sh to the init.d directory (/etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat)
and adding a symlink (S85tomcat, K85tomcat) doesn't seem to do the trick and
there's no log evidence to go on.

Any advice appreciated,

David