tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "MacLaren, Donald" <DMacLa...@cmgi.com>
Subject problem with Alias on Virtual host
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:54:39 GMT

Hello,
I set up this structure in 3.1
/virt/app_area/webapps/appname

Under app name, I have inclused pages from a maon area and an Image area.

When I do an image = it can find the alias I set up in Tomcat.conf
<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xx>
ServerName dev-portal.xxx.com
DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/htdocs
ScriptAlias /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/cgi-bin
/usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/
Alias /images /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/htdocs/images/
Alias /main /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/htdocs/main/

I can't seem to work the alias for main when I do a <@ include file = or a
<JSP:include page=.

I get the response has been committed.  I have to move the MAIN under the
"/virt/app_area/webapps/appname" directory for it to work. This can't be
correct.  I shouldn't have to have this structure and files copied in two
places.

ANY IDEAS????

Thanks.