tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven.S...@savillemail.com
Subject Re: Tomcat "Sudden Death"
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:36:24 GMT

No, the problem I get is "sudden death" with no error messages at all - just a
nice clean shutdown when you didn't expect it!

rellman@shell9.ba.best.com on 28/07/2000 23:11:02

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org; Please respond to
      tomcat@rasellman.com

 To:      tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

 cc:      (bcc: Steven Shaw/Net)

 Subject: Re: Tomcat "Sudden Death"

This sounds a lot like the problem I saw, which I posted a question as "
"Can't get Tomcat to run".  I still haven't figured out what's going on,
but tomcat exits by itself with the following:

java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(Compiled
Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080]
shutdown due to exception: java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system
call
java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Compiled Code)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(Compiled
Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8007]
shutdown due to exception: java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system
call

--Rob Ellman