tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alistair Hopkins <alist...@berthengron.co.uk>
Subject Help with properties file locations
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:22:28 GMT
I have a mail class that sends a simple email and records it in the db.

The configuration [mail server, etc] is in a file MessageDb.properties.

I put this in the same directory as the package containing the MessageDb.class:

ie, com.mysite.support.MessageDb is the class,
which is in WEB-INF/classes/com/mysite/support
so I put the MessageDb.properties in WEB-INF/classes

When I test it from a non-servlet class it finds the properties file fine.
(A test class using main(String[] args))

When I use it in a servlet, it can't find the properties file, and I have
to pass the path through from the servlet, which is a pain as I'm not
actually using the class directly.  And anyway, I hate being confused.

Why would this be?

Thanks in advance,

Al.