tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alistair Hopkins <alist...@berthengron.co.uk>
Subject Re: Retrieving Objects from the Session Results in a Null Pointer
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:36:33 GMT
I have a similar problem which I believe is related to automatic servlet
reloading.

I stash a UsrDb object in the session at login, and use it for all sorts of
things.

If I recompile any code (including non-servlet classes) then I get a
java.lang.ClassCastException
caused by
                 UsrDb uCurrent =
(UsrDb)request.getSession().getValue("UsrDb");

This is only a bit annoying as I restart the server and it's all fine.

Anybody else seen this?