tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ismael Blesa Part" <ibl...@tissat.es>
Subject Re: AW: authentication via x509
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:07:42 GMT
I have already tried this, but there is problem with the protocol used
between apache and jakarta, the SSLXX variables are not transmited by
the protocolhandler (ajp12).
I want to access the digital certificate from my jsp to extract some
data from it.

I know that with tomcat3.2B2 there is SSL support, but by default the
server does not ask the user for a digital certificate. Maybe on the
application descriptor you can say the security level you want, but I do
not know where to specify this or you can configure the tomcat to ask
always for a digital certificate.

Anybody knows something about this?