tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mike niemaz <nie...@xrce.xerox.com>
Subject Re: tomcat won't find my servlets ;-(((
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:38:05 GMT
mike niemaz wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I'm trying to implement the famous MVC2 controller
>     based on a simple jsp & servlets files.
>     It worked fine until I decided to enhance my servlet
>     & especially until I included it in a new package.
>     Tomcat do not find the class anymore ;-(((
>
>     No matter what path I use or what ApJServMount I
>     specify in tomcat.conf, it keeps telling me
>     it can't find the class ....

ooooopssss, stupid me!
4 years of Java coding to "notice" that packaged classes
are accessible with "dots" such as test.myClass ...
What am I???
Still, it is still unclear to me how the ApJServMount line
can or has to be modified according to projects.
Also, the web.xml mapping stuff seem to have no incident
on the way servlets are treated by tomcat .. it MUST be
wrong but .... i'm still investigating.
If anybody can light me up on that points.

--mike