tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mike niemaz <>
Subject tomcat won't find my servlets ;-(((
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:26:18 GMT
Hi all,
    I'm trying to implement the famous MVC2 controller
    based on a simple jsp & servlets files.
    It worked fine until I decided to enhance my servlet
    & especially until I included it in a new package.
    Tomcat do not find the class anymore ;-(((

    No matter what path I use or what ApJServMount I
    specify in tomcat.conf, it keeps telling me
    it can't find the class ....

    My servlet CDController is located in myapp/WEB-INF/classes/test/
    My jsp which invoke this servlet is at myapp/jsp/ & looks like this:

          <%@ page session="true"%>
               MVC2 application test
               <form name="MVCForm"
                 <select name=CD>
            <option>Yuan | The Guo Brothers</option>
            <option>Ibuki | Kodo</option>
                 <input type="hidden" name="action"
                 <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Add
          to List">
             <jsp:include page="cdUserList.jsp" flush="true"

And the supposed servlet handler lines in tomcat.conf is:
    ApJServMount /myapp/servlet/    /myapp

I've tried to add "test" after "servlet" or "myapp" but in vain ...

Has anybody worked with servlets that are packaged so far?

View raw message