tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Goss <mg...@rtci.com>
Subject Re: ISP question:tomcat for multiple domains
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:18:31 GMT
Matthew
Close... Actually your class files go into the /classes dir and they will get automatically
reloaded if you change them (or update the
date timestamp) jar files in this folder are ignored (as far as I know). Your jar files go
into the /lib dir and are added to the
classpath, therefore they are not reloaded without a restart. Class files found in the lib
dir are ignored (as far as I know).
Matt Goss

Matthew Hixson wrote:

> > > What about JARs in the WEB-INF/lib directory - will they get automatically
reloaded by Tomcat if they're altered?

> > Nope, anything in the classpath does not get reloaded. Any jar file in a lib dir
is added to the classpath.

> > > And will .class files in WEB-INF/lib get picked up by Tomcat, or do they have
to be JAR'd up?

> > I don't think it will. put your ".class" files in the WEB-INF/classes directory
and your ".jar" files in the WEB-INF/lib directory.