tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pierre Delisle <pierre.deli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: jsp:include not compiling modified jsp
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:45:25 GMT
Bill,

The JSP spec defines two types of includes:

	1. the include directive
             <%@ include file="mypage.jsp" %>

        2. the include standard action
             <jsp:include page="mypage.jsp"/>

The include directive (1) happens at page translation time
(when the page is translated into a servlet).
You will see the change made into your included page only
if the including one has also changed (because the translation
will re-occur).

The include standard action (2) happens at request time. Therefore any
change to your included file will show up in the including page.

You should use (2) to get the behavior you are expecting.

HTH,

    -- Pierre