tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Brogden <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject Re: jsp:include not compiling modified jsp
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:40:33 GMT

Bill Pfeiffer wrote:

> I have a jsp that includes another jsp.  When I modify the included jsp and
> run the "parent" jsp, the modified jsp does NOT get recompiled.
>
> Why is this?  Is it a bug or working as designed?  I can modify the parent
> jsp and the included will also then be recompiled.  This is going to be a
> real problem if I include the jsp into several parent page (say if the
> included page was a header, which, in my case, it is).
>
> TIA,
>
> Bill Pfeiffer

I would say that it is working according to spec. I think it checks
the
date on your primary page source versus the data on the .java code -
since your primary page didn't change, it looks ok.

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam