tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rachel Greenham <rachel.green...@enetgroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Is there any file maximum name size?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:03:32 GMT
Rui Oliveira wrote:

> Hi...
>
> one way to prevent this from happening is to have shorter names to the
> compiled class that matches the JSP, right?
>
> So, how can the JSP be compiled at user-request, instead of being
> compiled by Tomcat, and thus allow us to define much shorter names?

I'd rather do it by altering the way Tomcat generates the filenames of the
generated classes. Even quite short original jsp names end up being very
long class names.

There's also a problem with inner classes, that tend to end up being called
<outer_class_name>$<inner_class_name>.class, which I don't know how to
resolve - I would have thought the best way to resolve that would be in the
JVM implementation - I don't actually know how Java for Mac OS deals with
this when stuff is run other than from jar files.

--
Rachel