tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken ...@pacific.net>
Subject Re: SSL working, but how to use a certificate?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:36:14 GMT
SSL on Tomcat instructions:

1. Download 3.2b source version and build and install with all the
prerequisites in the README file. Make sure tomcat is working before
continuing.
2. Download the jsse from sun and install the jars in your lib/ext dir
($JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext)
3. Edit server.xml in TOMCAT_HOME/conf and uncomment the ssl portion.
Also - follow the instructions in the file to activate SSL. Generate the
key etc...Restart Tomcat. If you don't get any errors, visit
https://www.yourdomain.com:8443/examples/servlets/ and you should get an
SSL page(with a warning about the CA).

4. Here is where I am. It works with the test certificate, signed by
me... with a warning in the browser.

BUT now what? I need to use real certificates and keyfiles, signed by
verisign or thawte.
Where do I put the certificate and keyfiles?
HELP!

Thanks,

-Ken