tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Flambard Jean Michel <jmfla...@club-internet.fr>
Subject XmlMapper error
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:04:42 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to set the Jason Hunter example "Daytime", chapter 10.
However, when I start tomcat, I receive the following message:

XmlMapper: Can't find method setDescription in Wrapper(HttpMessage null)
CLASS org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper
XmlMapper: Can't find method setDescription in Wrapper(DaemonHpptServlet
null)
CLASS org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper
XmlMapper: Can't find method setDescription in Wrapper(RemoteHttpServlet
null)
CLASS org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper

The 3 classes HttpMessage, DaemonHttpServlet and RemoteHttpServlet are
withing
a package (com.oreilly.servlet) and in the directory
/home/flambard/tomcat/classes.
(They are in this directorie because I need this package for several web
applications).

My application is in the directorie
/home/flambard/tomcat/webapps/Daytime.

In my web.xml file I have:

<servlet>
   <servlet-name>HpptMessage</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>com.oreilly.servlet.HttpMessage</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet>
   <servlet-name>DaemonHpptServlet</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>com.oreilly.servlet.DaemonHttpServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet>
   <servlet-name>RemoteHpptServlet</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>com.oreilly.servlet.RemoteHttpServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>HttpMessage</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/HttpMessage</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>DaemonHttpServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/DaemonHttpServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>RemoteHttpservlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/RemoteHttpServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

What about error above please ?
Thanks for your hepl.
--
"Il n'y a pas d'etrangers, seulement des amis qu'on n'a pas rencontres."
(Proverbe irlandais).

Jean Michel Flambard
jmflamba@club-internet.fr
http://www.multimania.com/jmflambard