tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken ...@pacific.net>
Subject SSL working, but how to use a certificate?
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:07:34 GMT
Thanks for all of your help.
Tomcat is now running SSL in standalone mode and talking nicely with
netscape and IE.

Next, I'd like to make this function in a useful way!

How do I use an existing SSL certificate and private keyfile in tomcat?
I need to be able to either request new certificates by generating csr's
like we do with c2net's apache stronghold - that I can plug into tomcat
for specific domains, or import existing certificates.

I am able to use keytool to import a certificate file, but I don't know
where to put the private key??
Tomcat complains "IOException reading request, ignored -
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: no cipher suites in common" and Netscape
says it "can't communicate securely."

I basically understand how keytool works, but I must be missing
something bigger. A point toward the right documentation would be great.

Thanks,
-Ken