tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rachel Greenham <rachel.green...@enetgroup.co.uk>
Subject Bug with .tld XML parser
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:00:27 GMT
There appears to be a bug in the XML parsing code for taglib descriptor
files. It isn't discarding whitespace in the element contents the way it
should.

eg: If in my .tld file I have:

<tag>
<name>
GetVariable
</name>
<tagclass>
tags.GetVariable
</tagclass>
</tag>

It doesn't find the GetVariable tag at all. If I correct it so that it
has <name>GetVariable</name> but leave the tagclass element as shown
above, it finds the tag but complains that it can't load the class, but
if I close up tagclass as well thus
<tagclass>tags.GetVariable</tagclass>, and all the other descriptor
elements too (attribute et al) it all works perfectly.

I did think with a validating XML parser (and there is a dtd associated
with .tld files so it should be validating) that whitespace should be
getting lost - at worst the values could have trim() applied :-)

Does anyone know if this has been fixed in a later beta (I'm on Tomcat 3.1)?

--
Rachel