tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Brogden <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject Re: newbie queries!
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2000 19:12:23 GMT

Pratik wrote:

> hi
>
> i have installed tomcat3.1 & jdk1.3 in Win98
>
> 1. i get the "out of environment space" error several times when i run the
> autoexec.bat file.

You must increase the Environment space - in a MSDOS window, click the
upper
left corner, access the properties dialog, Memory tab, set Initial
Environment
higher - mine works at 3072.

> the classpath is not being set. what can i do? what does this error mean?
> my autoexec.bat file looks like this -
>     SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\JDK1.3\BIN;C:\TOM\BIN;
>     SET JAXPHOME=C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\Jaxp1.0.1
>     SET CLASSPATH=%JAXPHOME%\JAXP.JAR;%JAXPHOME%\PARSER.JAR
>     SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.;C:\TOM\BIN;C:\TOM\LIB\SERVLET.JAR;
>     SET
> CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\TOM\LIB\WEBSERVER.JAR;C:\TOM\LIB\JASPER.JAR;
>     SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\TOM\LIB\ANT.JAR;C:\TOM\LIB\XML.JAR
>     SET TOMCAT_HOME=C:\TOM
>     SET JAVA_HOME=C:\JDK1.3
>
> 2.some times I get this error while launching tomcat also. i donot get this
> error when i use
> "Just Go - The Tomcat Laucher" advertised in this list but i again get it
> when i try to build
> a servlet using build.bat.
>
> 3. i am also getting the following error
> - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : sun/tools/javac/main at
> org.apache.tools.ant.*

Make sure the tools.jar from the JDK is where tomcat can find it.

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam