tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David J. Ferrero" <david.ferr...@zion.com>
Subject RE: Global Parameters
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:22:33 GMT
Could you ellaborate on the jsp init you mentioned?

I'm not actually trying to take globals before servlet specific as the
thread was focused on.

I understand how a servlet can get init parameters from the web.xml via
getInitParameter method, but I'm not clear how a jsp can do the same.
Ie: I know a jsp gets compiled into a servlet by jsp/servlet engine, but
I'm not clear what the JSP code looks like to access getInitParameter...

Thanks for further insight.

- David

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Global Parameters
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 12:17:19 +0300
From: Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@webcollage.com>
To: "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

You mean you want to make sure the params are read before
any servlet in the application gets invoked?

Simple - just add a "<load-on-startup>" tag to one of the servlets or
JSP's.  This will make sure that this particular servlet's init() gets
called
upon server startup.  JSP's can implant code in their servlet's init()
by
defining a function called jsp_init() or somesuch.

--Amos