tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Kientzle <kient...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Mapping URL->Servlet
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 00:18:20 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> > I'm especially interested in Tomcat as a servlet
> > container for Apache.  I've tried using my old friend
> > mod_rewrite, but it seems to confuse mod_jserv.
>
> Is this what you want?
>
> You have http:/somehost/mapping but you want
> http:/somehost/something.html to be rewritten
> to http:/somehost/mapping/something.html?

That's the idea, although my eventual needs are considerably more
complex, which is why I'm trying to use mod_rewrite.

My problem: Tomcat seems to end up with the context information
from the original request (that is, for your example, it tries
to use an empty context rather than "mapping").  I haven't tracked
down whether mod_jserv is passing the wrong information to Tomcat,
or Tomcat is lifting the wrong information out of the AJP request.
I have experimented with various orders for mod_rewrite and mod_jserv
in the httpd.conf file, with no luck.

				- Tim