tomcat-users mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: tomcat 3.2b2 and keytool and JDK 1.3
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:55:38 GMT
keytool problem under Linux fixed (at least) with IBM JDK 1.3 :

- jsse.jar MUST BE IN BOTH CLASSPATH and $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext

- I suggest you install jcert.jar, jnet.jar and jsse.jar in
  $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext and then add them to CLASSPATH

 export CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/jcert.jar:$CLASSPATH
 export CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/jnet.jar:$CLASSPATH
 export CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/jsse.jar:$CLASSPATH

You could also copy the 3 jars in /opt/tomcat/lib/ so they are
automatically added to CLASSPATH at tomcat startup (tomcat.sh).

Now Tomcat 3.2b2 works perfectly in SSL on Linux 6.1/6.2 with
IBM JDK 1.3.

Next step, test to import OpenSSL generated .pem certificates.

Regards.