tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pröbster, Rainer" <Rainer.Proebs...@Schwarz.de>
Subject AW: include not compiling modified jsp
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:27:11 GMT
You just have to delete all (accurated) files under /work which are made by
tomcat.
Then all the jsp´s will have to be compiled again.
Perhaps a "touch *" in your jsp directory is enough, but I did not try it
yet.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bill Pfeiffer [mailto:wsplist1@tampabay.rr.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. August 2000 16:20
An: Tomcat
Betreff: jsp:include not compiling modified jsp

I have a jsp that includes another jsp.  When I modify the included jsp and
run the "parent" jsp, the modified jsp does NOT get recompiled.

Why is this?  Is it a bug or working as designed?  I can modify the parent
jsp and the included will also then be recompiled.  This is going to be a
real problem if I include the jsp into several parent page (say if the
included page was a header, which, in my case, it is).

TIA,

Bill Pfeiffer