tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: Tomcat stability issues
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:09:16 GMT

	[Kitching Simon]
	And I'm in agreement with both of you :-)

	However, there is one other major missing feature in tomcat when on
*unix*.
	As far as I can tell (see my earlier emails) there is no way to run
tomcat
	on port 80 unless it runs as user "root". Using apache fixes this,
cause
	apache can run on port 80 as non-root user, and pass requests on to
	tomcat running on some non-restricted port. Perhaps for
"sophisticated"
	sites, it may be possible to set up mappings in routers, etc., to
work
	around this...