tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: jsp:include not compiling modified jsp
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:51:08 GMT

[Kitching Simon]
I disagree.

If the <jsp:include> statement is being used, then I think that the called
page should *definitely*
be recompiled if its source code changes. I really would be surprised if
this isn't already done
by tomcat - I'll try it out myself when I've got a moment.

On the otherhand, the <%@ ...%> include format is a totally different thing.
To handle
automatic recompilation for this sort of thing requires knowledge of the
original *source code*,
so probably won't ever be handled right - just too difficult and, when
sourcecode not available,
not possible at all.