tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Haines <shai...@ipnetsolutions.com>
Subject RE: stupid Windows question
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:37:33 GMT
Click on the little "MSDOS" logo on the upper left hand corner of your DOS
prompt and choose "Properties". Choose the "Layout" tab and set your "Screen
Buffer Size" "Height" to a large value - say 1000.. This will give you a
scroll bar that will scroll through 1000 lines of text..

btw, when you choose "OK" you will be given the option to make this change
for the shortcut that you started the window from (so that you don't have to
do it again)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Novotny [mailto:novotny@nlanr.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 1:35 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: stupid Windows question

Hello,

    For the most part, I've been happily developing under Linux and the
time has come to make things work on Windows. From the get-go it seems
that DOS is not my friend. I start up the Tomcat batch script within a
DOS prompt, but when an error occurs, I have no way of seeing the full
contents. The DOS window offers no scroll-bar and is basically an
incredibly dumbed down bash- more like sh really. Can anyone provide me
with some info for making Tomcat and Windows a friendlier environment?

    Thanks, Jason

--
Jason Novotny               novotny@nlanr.net
Home: (510) 839-6026        Work: (510) 486-8662