tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Victor Chinnappan <cvd...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: similar Problems with JDBC : connection lost after several ac cess
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:35:50 GMT
We used to have this in one of our earlie projects
(Something similar...). The code was not releasing the
opened connections and there is a limit on the number
of Database connections that can be served by an
RDBMS. We were using Personal ORCALE Lite and it had a
limit of 11 connections. So as soon as we used up the
11 connections it would complain "Too many files open"
or something similar.... If we shutdown the system
(which automatically frees all resources, Thank GOD)
then it would work fine. I would suggest that you take
one more look at the connection pool protocol that you
might be following and make sure you release the
aquired connections at the appropriate times or have a
worker that would monitor STALE connections. Initially
when using the DBConnectionBroker, i had missed a
couple of freeConnection() calls and it showed up in
the log files.... Thanks to DBConnectionBroker.

HTH,
VC