tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Victor Chinnappan <cvd...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: similar Problems with JDBC : connection lost after several ac cess
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:29:34 GMT
Hi Y,
I thought about it and did a manual commit and tried a
few test cases.... it still sprung up. So now, i have
a little bit of hacky trick. (Atleast untill i figure
out the correct one...). After i do an insert and a
commit, i was looking for a refresh method (ResultSet
class in JAVA). As i did not find one, i wrote my own.
A simple "select ....." query at the same instant. For
the same number of tests that failed earlier, it works
now... so as long as it works, it should be fine for
this version...

BTW, is there a direct method to find the number of
records in a ResultSet object from JAVA. Like the DAO,
ADO, MFC wrapper "RecordCount()" methods...

Thanks and have a good one,
VC