tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Danny Busch <jkaf...@yahoo.de>
Subject Servlet API / JServ / Tomcat
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:24:44 GMT
Hi,

I want to map all my servlet stuff to Tomcat, so I use
apjv12://localhost:8007/myzone as prefix. When now
using a Servlet 2.2 compliant class, I get the error

<ErrorMessage>
[29/08/2000 13:05:41:483] (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet
Error: Initialization error while loading the servlet:
Unable to change application to running state caused
by class java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.ServletContext: method
setAttribute(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
not found
</ErrorMessage>

Obviously, Apache/JServ have done a mapping to the
plain ole Servlet 2.0 API which I didn't expect nor
intend.

Now, the reference manual says to use the directives
as above, what else could be wrong ?

Thank you,
Regards,
Danny Busch