tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Victor Chinnappan <cvd...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Installing IIS ISAPI filter. Ooppsss, I got it wrong....
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:29:13 GMT
Toby,
I am sorry about the misunderstanding... Anyway, If
you really have some time to spend on this, there is a
round-about way (In case someone in the group is not
able to sort this out....).

Find an IIS-installable system and take a snapshot of
the registry. Install IIS and then tomcat and follow
the steps in the installation guide. I believe, if my
memory does not fail me, this registry entry is
supposed to be manually done only for PWS and not for
IIS. So if you take a snapshot of the registry at this
point of time (after adding the filter from the
management console for /jakarta ) you should be able
to find what entry(ies) where modified by IIS to
register this filter dll. (OOPPSSSS!!!! what on earth
is this unnecessary stuff...). Well, i did that for a
couple of times for some network related stuff and it
worked...

You might try http://www.jsiinc.com/reghack.htm where
there are a lot of tips for registry entries... I
shall do some [re]search and post here my responses...

For the registry snapshot process (In case you decide
so), you can do it manually ....
1. Start regedit.
2. Registry\import reg to a text file. (Save to
RegBeforeTomcat.txt)
3. Do your changes. (Or install applications et al).
4. Perform 1 & 2. (Save to RegAfterTomcat.txt)
5. Use windiff on RegBeforeTomcat.txt and
RegAfterTomcat.txt

or try InstallWatch from
http://www.epsilonsquared.com/ that does the job for
you. There are some other tools too..

Good luck and would appreciate if you could let me
know your progress..

Cheers!!!
Victor.C

--- Toby Piper <tpiper@CompCraft.com> wrote:
> Thanks Victor,
>
> I can add registry entries easily enough from
> InstallShield. However the
> following registry entry doesn't appear when using
> IIS only under PWS.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\w3svc\Parameters]
> > "Filter
> >
> DLLs"="c:\\jakarta-tomcat\\bin\\isapi_redirect.dll"
>
> This is what I am trying to figure out how to get
> into IIS 4.0.
>
> I've looked in MSDN and haven't come up with
> anything as of yet.

"worker_file"="c:\\jakarta-tomcat\\conf\\workers.properties"

"worker_mount_file"="c:\\jakarta-tomcat\\conf\\uriworkermap.properties"