tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Oxspring <roxspr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Parsing XML
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:56:01 GMT
First I tried using the jars in the tomcat/lib directory, and then
tried using Sun's latest (ie parser.jar + jaxp.jar).  I tried most
combinations of tomcat/lib and tomcat/webapps/myapp/web-inf/lib to hold
the jars but still no luck.  The thing that really points the finger at
tomcat is that when the code is put in a separate class it compiles and
runs, but when called from within a jsp the required class is not
found:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilderFactory.

I realise that using a different xml parser is a practical work around
(and thanks Wyn for pointing me towards IBMs offering) but I still
think that in principle Sun's solution *should* be useable. Anyway ill
crack on with the alternative parser for now.

Thanks

Rob

=====
Web site:
http://www.oxspring.demon.co.uk
If you have rejections, or want to send a big file, then try:
rob@oxspring.demon.co.uk