tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Oxspring <roxspr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Parsing XML
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:17:15 GMT
Hi

I've been trying to use Sun's XML parser APIs to decode an XML string
from a database to be presented in a JSP.  Unfortunately I get messages
along the lines of:
   Package java.xml.parsers not found in import.
After a lot of fiddling I have been unable to resolve the issue, and
have come to the conclusion that since the package is sealed in the
tomcat\lib directory, it so cannot be added anywhere else; and that the
servlets / jsps cannot get classes from there.  Does this seem correct,
and if so is this a bug?  In the meantime does anyone have any
workarounds?

Thanks in advance

Rob

=====
Web site:
http://www.oxspring.demon.co.uk
If you have rejections, or want to send a big file, then try:
rob@oxspring.demon.co.uk