tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David M. Holmes" <>
Subject problem with Alias on Virtual host
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:54:37 GMT
Alias is an Apache directive, Tomcat knows nothing about it. If you are using virtual hosting
think you would be better off by pointing Apache and Tomcat to the same virtual web root and
having Apache serving the static content and Tomcat serving the JSPs and Servlets.

-----Original Message-----
From: MacLaren, Donald []
Sent: 16 August 2000 16:55
To: ''
Subject: problem with Alias on Virtual host

I set up this structure in 3.1

Under app name, I have inclused pages from a maon area and an Image area.

When I do an image = it can find the alias I set up in Tomcat.conf
DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/htdocs
ScriptAlias /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/cgi-bin
Alias /images /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/htdocs/images/
Alias /main /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/htdocs/main/

I can't seem to work the alias for main when I do a <@ include file = or a
<JSP:include page=.

I get the response has been committed.  I have to move the MAIN under the
"/virt/app_area/webapps/appname" directory for it to work. This can't be
correct.  I shouldn't have to have this structure and files copied in two

Do You Yahoo!?